We are excited to announce the launch of GodFirst’s Academy for Supernatural Transformation!
It is an honour to be able to offer a course that equips people to live naturally supernatural lives here in Highcliffe, Christchurch and beyond…
What are the aims of the Academy?
To empower people to think and live like Jesus! Our desire is that all Christians increasingly learn to partner with God and adventure with Him, to be encouraged to do what Jesus did. Students will take faith risks both in the Academy setting and in the community, expecting to see the Kingdom of God break out wherever we go.
Our approach of teaching, worship, ministry, small courage groups and practicing what’s been learnt through outreach, provides every opportunity for students to grow in their intimacy with Jesus, to know God as Father and to live lives full of the Holy Spirit so that we bring kingdom of God transformation
Students will find freedom as sons and daughters and be empowered to be all that God created them to be. We will teach on various topics and lead students through each session to equip them to grow in courage and demonstrate God’s love and power in everyday life.
Who is the course for?
For any Christians (aged 18 plus) who love God, want to run forward with Him and who long to demonstrate God’s love to those in their sphere of influence.
What is the time commitment for the course?
The course will run over a period of nine months from September 2017 to June 2018. The sessions will be on Wednesday evenings throughout the year (apart from during school holidays) and there will be five Saturdays (day time only) to attend also.
- The evening sessions will meet for social time together from 7pm, with a 7.30pm start, and will go on to 10pm and will involve a mixture of teaching, activations, worship, stories, meeting in courage groups and outreach into the community. No two evenings will be the same!
- The Saturdays (daytime only 10am-5pm) will involve teaching and then longer periods of outreach. This may include activities such as working with the poor, offering healing, prophesying with people on the street and caring for the elderly.
What is the course curriculum?
The Academy shares the key culture values of GodFirst – Honour, Freedom, Generosity, Authenticity and Faith. These are reflected in our syllabus and we will fully immerse ourselves into understanding what it means to live out these values in our day to day lives.
Throughout the year we will teach on (but not exclusively):
- Knowing God as our Father
- The attributes of God
- Our identity in Christ and what that means for us
- The renewed mind
- Identifying lies and dealing with strongholds
- Adventuring with the Holy Spirit
- How to walk in freedom
- Processing disappointment
- Prophecy, words of knowledge and other ways to hear God’s voice
- Understanding a supernatural lifestyle
- Revealing the Kingdom of God
- Loving people into the family of God
What do I need to do next?
Pray and see what Father God might say!
Applications will open at the end of February 2017, but if you would like to express interest before, then email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much will it cost?
£295 per person
Other questions you may have…
When do I need to pay for the course?
- If you are accepted onto the course, we will ask for an immediate £50 deposit to confirm your place.
- We will be asking for the full amount to be paid by 31 August 2017, and are happy to accept monthly instalments up to that time if you apply before 30 April.
(If you find yourself in a position where it is difficult to pay the full amount by 31 August, we will be happy to discuss this with you.)
Will I need to attend every session?
We would encourage you to attend each session as they will be very different from each other and you will learn week by week. However, we do understand that illness or unexpected issues may arise and we therefore allow for up to 8 evening absences and 2 Saturday absences during the year.
What are the exact dates of the course?
We begin the Academy year with a launch weekend on Friday 15th September 7-10pm and Saturday 16th September 10am-5pm
All further dates for the year will be confirmed soon.
Where will the course take place?
To be confirmed! But it will be in the Christchurch/Highcliffe area.
Are the number of places on the course limited?
Yes! So we would advise you to get your applications in as soon as you are able to.
Will I need to be interviewed?
Yes, once we receive your application form, we will contact you and arrange to meet up for an informal interview.
Who will be leading the Academy?
Emma Slater will lead the Academy, assisted by Rachel Bridle and a wider team from GodFirst.
Duncan Lee, Morne Smit, Emma Slater, and Rachel Bridle will teach the syllabus. We will also have the honour of hosting Wendy Mann, from the Kings Arms in Bedford, through the year. The course leaders have had the privilege of being mentored by Wendy and she will also be teaching on our course.
How do I apply?
To apply for the course please complete the online application form click on the following link if you are not a member of GodFirst please contact us via email in the first instance before completing the online application.
Who should I contact if I have other questions?
You can email us at email@example.com or you can phone the Academy’s very own mobile on tel: 07376 461207. (If we are unable to reply, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can).